A Manual for Integrating Classical History into your Homeschool
This comprehensive Teacher's Guide is a manual that provides you with vital information and ideas for implementing the Connecting with History program.
The guide includes:
With your purchase of this guide you will also be able to download all of the forms and charts from the Teacher's Guide for convenient printing from your computer.
- A detailed introduction to the philosophy of the Connecting with History Program
- What is Salvation History? How do we understand history through our Catholic faith?
- The CONNECT Method™: Consider, Overview, Notebook, Explore, Concentrate, and Tell
- Ideas and Instructions for creating Student Notebooks
- How to make Read-Aloud time successful and enjoyable
- The Importance of Learning Styles
- Stages of Classical Education and how they are implemented in Connecting with History
- The Socratic Method of Discussion: What is it? How do you use it in your home?
- Tools for Studying History - using maps, timelines and other tools to increase understanding and enjoyment
- Lesson Planning Ideas, Forms, and Charts
- Student Research Charts
- Writing Guide for integrating composition with history
- Types of Writing Assignments: how to teach them and what type of writing assignments are appropriate at particular ages
- Tips for Writing Essays
- Rubrics and Evaluation Techniques, Forms, and Charts for the Parent/Teacher
- Self-Assessment and Reflection Techniques for Students
- An Activity Guide that contains:
- Hands-on Activity Ideas to use with any time period
- Materials to Have on Hand
- Recipes for craft activities
Also available as an ebook