Ancient History & Old Testament
The Connecting with History Syllabus contains 10 chronological units.
Each unit includes:
- A theme related to salvation history
- Discussion questions
- References to the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Overview article about the salvation history theme of the unit
- Dates of people and events to add to a timeline
- Historical geography assignments
- Composition assignments
- Hands-on activities
- Poems, Bible verses, and famous quotes related to the time period and theme
- Book list and reading assignments for each age level
The daily lesson plans organize the information from the syllabus into a ready-made schedule. They are a supplement to the syllabus.
Daily Lesson Plans
Assignments are arranged in a 2-page spread so you can see the assignments for every age level at one time.
- Formatted for easy coordinating of all age levels at one time
- Daily topics correspond with the reading & activities for each level
- 4-day weekly schedule allows for flexible scheduling
- 36 weeks of lesson plans, plus 4 optional weeks
- Teaching notes