Institute for Excellence in Writing Level A
Coordinated with Connecting with History Volume 2
Following Connecting with History, Volume 2, this writing class will teach the Institute for Writing in Excellence structure and style of effective writing.
Taught by a certified IEW instructor with over fifteen years of experience, the class will use source texts from the CWH program to learn the foundational skills of the IEW program, thereby reinforcing the history material studied throughout the school year. Vocabulary and grammar are built into the lessons as a natural method of learning through writing.
This class is the first semester of a two-semester course (24 weeks) for students who have no IEW experience. The teacher works in tandem with the homeschool parent. Personalized feedback will be provided for the weekly assignments. Weekly classes include review, lessons, vocabulary, grammar, and constant encouragement. Writing has never been so fun!
What: Beginning Writing - Fall Semester, 2020
When: Thursdays @ 2:30 p.m. (Central)
These live classes begin the week of August 31.
Who: Recommended for Grammar level students or Logic level students who are new to IEW
Meet the Teacher
SCOPE & SEQUENCE
Connecting with History Volume 2
IEW Writing Program
This class will continue in January, and you'll need
- Week #1 IEW Unit 1 Key Word Outlines
- Week #2 IEW Unit 1 Key Word Outlines
- Week #3 IEW Unit 2 Writing from Outlines
- Week #4 IEW Unit 2 Writing from Outlines
- Week #5 IEW Unit 3 Narrative Stories
- Week #6 IEW Unit 3 Narrative Stories
- Week #7 IEW Unit 3 Narrative Stories, Sentence Opener, Decoration: alliteration
- Week #8 IEW Unit 4 Summarizing References
- Week #9 IEW Unit 4 Summarizing References
- Week #10 IEW Unit 4 Summarizing References
- Week #11 IEW Unit 4 Summarizing References
Note: The Volume Two Companion Reader is the main source text for this course. Writing lessons may not necessarily follow your family's history schedule.