Retail: $5.99 Sale: $4.95
Although centered on the historical conspiracy against the Roman dictator, Julius Caesar is not the protagonist of William Shakespeare's (1564-1616) famous tragedy. Rather, the play focuses on Marcus Brutus and his internal battle between friendship, patriotic duty, and honor.
Folger Shakespeare Library is the world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
- Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
- Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
- Scene-by-scene plot summaries
- A key to famous lines and phrases
- An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
- An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
- Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
Volume One, Unit Ten, Logic/Rhetoric Level
A Novel Inquiries Study Guide is available for this title.